[ browse back to your results, but use green arrow, or reset search to show all ]
primary InterFaith Organizations
Enter Search Value:
- without any prefix or suffix to find all records where a column contains the value you enter, e.g. Net
- with | prefix to find all records where a column starts with the value you enter, e.g. |Network
- with | suffix to find all records where a column ends with the value you enter, e.g. Network|
- with | prefix and suffix to find all records containing the value you enter exactly, e.g. |Network|
Global Peace Initiative of Women
Has its beginnings in the process that led up to the first summit of religious leaders held at the United Nations in New York in 2000, the Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders. During the planning for that summit, it became clear that very few of the religious leaders invited to speak at the UN would be women. And indeed this was the case. During the Summit, the political and institutional issues surrounding religion came into play. In frustration, the women came together and called for a followup meeting to focus on what they had come to the UN to do – to explore how they could contribute to reconciliation and healing in areas of conflict and tension. This meeting took place two years later at the Palais des Nations in Geneva with over 600 women from over 70 countries, and from this summit the Global Peace Initiative of Women was formed.
New York, New York
A global network of contemplative leaders who through their inner work can help transform the causes and conditions that lead to suffering at both the individual and collective level.
To help manifest the special qualities of the Divine Feminine, or Shakti, which enables the inner transformation now required for us to meet the challenges facing the Earth community of life.
Upliftment of the world. Uncovering the deeper origins and impacts of conflict, and to learn how best to address these. Collective peace through personal transformation. Bring GPIW's inclusive and spiritually-based model to bear on the pressing global ecological and economic crises, .. linked to the possibilities for a balanced world.
GPIW gathers together persons of great insight, wisdom, compassion and dedication who are already working quietly for the upliftment of the world. GPIWs major approach is to develop a network of contemplative leaders to help transform the causes and conditions that lead to suffering at both the individual and collective level.
Board of Directors, advisory board, project directors
(1) dialogues with women in conflict areas, (2) programs cultivating spiritual resources in youth and (3) interreligious and interspiritual exchanges focusing on oneness, interdependence and compassion.
Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Judaism
women, peace, transformation
301 E. 57th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10022, USA. Tel. +1-212-593-5877 EFax +646-792-3871